Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 5, 2009

There isn't a Bag Big Enough!

Monday, January 19, 2009

I originally wanted to create a website community that served the Kundalini Yoga community. This would be a website that informed, and allowed people to network with each other . A website that gave Kundalini Yoga students products and information that they could use and share with each other. A website that enabled Kundalini Yogis to find everything they needed in one place. I purchased the domain name “Kundalink.com” for such a venture, and I got busy with other things and put Kundalink.com on the back burner. Then I went to India.

A trip to Amritsar will most certainly change your opinion about how people carry things around. No bicycle is ever TOO loaded with dry goods and no head is piled TOO high with wet cement or construction materials. Even horses are buried beneath bushels of grain. One thing I noticed was that everything was, despite the sheer volume of stuff, consolidated in one place...and as neat as a pin.

When I came back from India, I started to notice all my fellow Kundalini Yogis carrying around yoga mats, cushions, sheepskins, water bottles , books, etc. in multiple totes. I saw people dropping things, stuffing things under their arms; overflowing shoulder bags, bulging backpacks, stressed-out yoga mat bags. Nothing but disarray and confusion and arms piled high with the accoutrements of a typical Kundalini Yoga class. And I thought, THIS HAS GOT TO STOP! So that’s why I decided to design a bag for the Kundalini Yoga community that can carry EVERYTHING we have to carry around that is good-looking, light, machine washable, and easy to work with. I had a name already. I just had to make the bag and make it available. That’s how the Kundalink.com bag came to be.

This got me thinking about other things that are missing in the Kundalini world. And that’s what this website is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers