Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sitting Lower for Longer

January 22, 2009

I have two cushions for sitting. One I purchased because I forgot the other one. They are both useless to me now because over time, my muscles have relaxed and I can now sit lower to the ground for longer. They were hard, big, and very heavy and I never really used them. I feel about the cushions like I feel about glasses....unless its absolutely necessary, the more you use them, the less you exercise your eyes.

In the spirit of making things that Kundalini Yoga Students need, I decided to create the Kundalift© so I could get a little lift but not too much. So far, I have received rave reviews from my fellow yogis and I’m thinking about making an alternative to this one with a more FIRM touch. In the meantime I continue to take it around and ask my students and classmates what they think.

This is a photo of me at the Golden Temple sitting in meditation at about 3:30 in the morning. It was one of my first mornings in Amritsar and I am on my way to the morning prayers. I wish I had a picture of myself several hours later when I was literally thigh to thigh with about thirty women of all shapes and sizes in a 7’x7’ vestibule. I felt so happy in my cozy little meditation chamber...a far cry from the fancy hardwood floor yoga studios of Los Angeles! But I was sitting on a rolled up sweater and thinking...this is really all we need; a light little bundle to stick underneath. And so, the idea for the Kundalift© was hatched.....literally!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers