Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Knee Deep in Bliss

This is a great picture of the three of us (Lynn, Elena, and me) knee-deep in the narrows. The water got up to my waist and I really was very happy about the whole thing...except I would have been happier to have hiked in my underpants since i was pulling my wet pants up to the panty line every 30 minutes or so. Wearing wet linen is very claustrophobic. The hat was very handy. And if you decide to do this sort of thing, sticks are a must. Elena had her Keens on and even though I had the very same shoes as she did, recommended that Lynn and I rent boots and booties, which I greatly appreciated AFTER the experience. I don't like wearing closed shoes and booties made of wet suit material underneath water hiking boots made me want to pull my hair out. But once I got in the water, I was very happy to have the support.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers